Monday, November 3, 2008

Podcasts

Podcasts are an interesting way to share information. I talked with a couple of people at the branch while doing this exercise and they shared their opinion that podcasts were outdated; there are better ways to do this. Not being technically savy, I'll take their word for it. I found the directories a bit clunky, because they never quite took me in the direction I wanted to go to find things. It could be I expect too much. While looking for library related items, I came up with zero several times. I finally found something worth adding to bloglines through Amazon, which is a weekly 7 minute presentation of new audio books. This is probably a good way for libraries to use podcasts on their own website--sharing titles to interest customers or maybe using it to share information about Ready to Read skills--demonstrating those skills and sharing title; booktalks for teens could be another way to use podcasting on the website.

No comments: