Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thing 23-Done!

I never thought I would actually finish Learn and Play, especially during those weeks I was 9-10 things behind. Amazingly, I am finishing early! I enjoyed some of the exercises very much and some not so much. The exercise with Flickr was easy and convinced me to use another service Snapfish to create calendars for my parents and in-laws for Christmas. I probably wouldn't have tried before I learned it was painless and easy. I also had fun making the images with the Read posters. The exercise in general was informative in learning more about what Library 2.0/Web 2.0 means. Before, these terms were basically jargon that had no meaning to me. I will be able to understand a little more when a customer talks about these items, however without consistent practice, I wonder how much of this will stick with me. I will keep up with librarything as a journal of teen literature that I have read, so I will have a RA tool at my fingertips. I'm not so sure that I will keep up with Bloglines; as I have mentioned I'm not big on getting all my info from a screen, although it does help to keep up with the news. Sharing information and making it available and accesssible to all is a great thing, but I will always be concerned about content--thank goodness for library workers and people with common sense who can filter things and take/find the good stuff out there.

1 comment:

kkbookmom said...

Congrats on completing the 23 Things!