Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Google Doc's

I created a presentation, which I had never done before with power point, so I learned how to do 2 things in 1. I also uploaded a file from my "u" drive, which was very easy. A co-worker suggested we show customers google docs when they need to save items and don't have a disc or jump drive, especially since our disc drives are not so reliable any more. I think this is a great idea. It's a free service and puts the doc right in the customer's hands without a ton of explanation. With the easy email function, customers can email docs/resumes very easily. If I am working on a committee that needs to update newsletters or presentations, this would give us an easy way to work on the documents without shuffling them around and perhaps loosing the printed pages we wanted to share. Also I can access this from any computer; I don't have to worry about my "u" drive, so I can work on things away from the branch or pull up something quickly to show someone in a meeting or even at the info desk. Hands on and pretty easy...

No comments: