Friday, September 5, 2008

Spending Time on the PC

Something that I don't understand is the obsession some people seem to have with their PC. They are constantly on it, searching the internet, playing games (even just hours of solitaire), emailing, IMing, etc. I don't get it. Yes, there are many interesting things you can find and it's a great way to keep in touch or pass on quick info through an email or share photos, but hours? I have been working on a few activities for Learn and Play and have had about enough of staring at my computer screen trying to make it come together and it has nothing to do with whether or not I'm tech savy. I believe that technology, any type, can be a great tool to help us in our daily lives, but it shouldn't become our life...When it comes down to it, we all survived just fine with a land line, a book, the outdoors, and occassionally tv. (I do recognize that some of what I mentioned is (old) technology.)

No comments: